Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Podcasting


When I heard podcasting for the first time, I thought it is just music. After I started this class and Dr.Z told us to research about it, I found out that podcasting is used for many things, especially in education. The first podcast I followed and listened to is Ted Talk for education, TedTalk  and the episode that I watched was Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids? It is 8 minutes long. Adora is very interesting young girl. Her presentation was very inspiring! She was talking about the responsibilities of parents toward their kids. This kind of podcasting would encourage kids to talk, on the other hand, will make parents more open to their kids. I would use this links of podcasting in my classroom.

The second podcast is podcast.com/ education. The Spirit of Education   It has many episodes about the book called The Spirit of Education by Jeff White. This podcast is very nice and helpful, talking about the education and the process of learning. The writer of this book Jeff is talking by himself and reading his book in a very clear voice. In my opinion listening to this podcast is better than reading the same book.

The third podcast is appysmarts. This podcast is very interesting educational tool for kids to learn and play games on iPhone or iPod.  appysmarts. In this web site they use easy tools to learn for kids, with a work and picture dictionary. It is very interesting to me to use it inside classrooms.
At the end of this blog I have to mention that my favorite tool is voice thread. It is very interesting and very useful for distance education.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you found some interesting podcasts. The AppySmarts is an interesting vodcast.

    Z

    ReplyDelete